Sweet and Spicy Apple Salsa
Sweet and spicy best describes the flavors of this delicious, warm salsa.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large red apple, cored and finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups total)
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped (about 1/4 cup total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
1. In large skillet cook and stir apples, jalapeño peppers, cinnamon and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender.
2. Stir in honey and lime juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute more or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve warm with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Pita Crackers Cinnamon Sugar.