Sweet and Crunchy French Toast Casserole
Honey wheat bread and Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® cereal turn this make-ahead casserole into a power-packed breakfast entrée. Serve it the morning after a slumber party or before an activity-packed day.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour
- 8 1-inch-thick slices firm-textured, honey wheat bread (about 16 oz. total)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated egg product
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, blueberries, or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
1. Diagonally cut each bread slice in half. Arrange in single layer in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl whisk together milk, egg product, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Evenly pour over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Use spatula to turn bread slices once.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal and butter. Evenly sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F about 20 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Cut into 8 rectangles. Transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with berries. Serve with syrup.