Surprise Coffee Ring
Surprise! This just might be your new favorite coffeecake. The rich molasses batter, studded with raisins, serves as a perfect counterpoint to the tangy orange glaze. Try one today – just don't be surprised at how quickly it disappears!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Mix sugar, orange peel and orange juice. Pour into 8 1/4-inch ring mold coated with
cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk, molasses
and water. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg. Beat well. Stir
in raisins. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly over orange
mixture in ring mold.
4. Bake at 375° F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Invert pan and let stand a few minutes before removing. Serve immediately.
A greased 8 x 8-inch pan may be used in place of ring mold.