Surprise Banana Cupcakes
There's something wonderful hidden inside these cupcakes. And while your kids might think it's the chocolate kiss, you know it's really the All-Bran® cereal. With the rich banana flavor and the silky cream cheese frosting, they'll never even notice the fiber, vitamins and minerals baked into these treats. This is one delicious secret that you should definitely keep.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package (15 1/2 oz.) banana nut muffin mix with walnut packet
- 1 egg
- 1 cup orange juice or water
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 milk or dark chocolate candy kisses
- 1 1/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting
1. In medium bowl stir together muffin mix, egg, orange juice, cereal and oil until just moistened. Stir in walnuts from muffin mix, if desired. Portion evenly into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups. Press 1 chocolate morsel into each, spooning batter to completely cover chocolate.
2. Bake at 400°F about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting.