Sunny Cheese Muffins
Serve these savory muffins with tomato soup or minestrone.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 2/3 cups
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
1. Crush SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT crackers into fine crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper with a rolling pin; pour into medium sized bowl.
2. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder; sift into bowl with cracker crumbs. Add shortening, eggs and milk. Beat just enough to blend well.
3. Spoon mixture into 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin wells. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown. Serve hot.