Sunny Cheese Corn Fritters
Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, corn fritters make a family-pleasing side dish to grilled or baked entrées.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can whole kernal corn, well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks separated, beaten until light but not dry
- 4 - 6 tablespoons salad oil or fat
1. Crush crackers with rolling pin between waxed paper. Mix into milk; add corn, salt, paprika, flour and egg yolks to crumb-milk mixture; blend well. Gently fold in egg whites.
2. Place about half the oil in a skillet over moderate heat. Drop mixture by tablespoons into hot fat. Saute on both sides until brown. Add more fat as necessary, heating again before adding more batter. Drain on unglazed paper in warm place. Serve with frankfurters and milk, or as desired.