Summer Fruit Crisp
Summer fresh and easier than pie! Blueberries and apricots take a starring role in this lively fruit crisp. Topped with a sweet-and-spicy mixture of cinnamon-and-nutmeg-infused All-Bran® cereal and toasted walnuts - for just the right crunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups fresh or canned apricots, pitted and quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Lightly spray 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, mix ¼ cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
4. Cut in butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
5. Stir in walnuts and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal. Set aside.
6. In another medium mixing bowl, stir together apricots, blueberries, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice.
7. Place fruit mixture evenly in prepared dish.
8. Evenly sprinkle topping over fruit.
9. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and juices are bubbling.