Summer Blue Burger Salad made with Worthington® FriPats®
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices red onion
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts,
1. Combine vinegar, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in jar with tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well.
2. Brush onion on both sides with some vinegar mixture. Grill onion and frozen burgers over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from grill.
3. Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Cut burgers into strips. Separate onion into rings. Place burgers and onion on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Shake vinegar mixture. Drizzle over salads.
Toasting enhances nut's natural flavors. As a general rule, to toast most varieties of nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Be sure to watch carefully and stir twice so they don't burn.