Sugar 'N Spice Cookies
These tasty, old-fashioned cookies are rich with the warm flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, and they have a good dose of crunchy walnuts for just the right bite. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a yummy, family-style dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup water
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add molasses. Beat well. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and walnuts. Add
flour mixture alternately with water, mixing well after each addition. Refrigerate
until thoroughly chilled.
3. Roll chilled dough out on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut with floured
cookie cutter. If desired, place a raisin or small amount of jelly in center of each.
Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking
sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.