Sugar Honey Baked Apples
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 8 large baking apples
- 1 cup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (12 oz.) ginger ale
1. Partially core apples, leaving bottoms intact to hold stuffing. Peel strip from top of each apple.
2. In small bowl toss together graham crumbs, sugar, nuts, butter or butter and lemon juice. Spoon into centers of apples. In shallow baking dish arrange apples, cut sides up.
3. Pour ginger ale around apples. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 65 minutes or until apples are tender, spooning liquid over apples ocassionally. Serve warm or chilled.