Sugar and Spice Chews
Apple pie spice and apple butter lend the flavors of autumn to these easy, drop cookies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Red Berries
- 1 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice. Set aside.
2. In larger mixer bowl, beat KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Red Berries cereal, sugar, butter, apple butter, egg whites, vanilla and nuts on medium speed 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined and cereal is broken into small pieces. Add flour mixture, beating on low until combined. Drop by level tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool
slightly on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks and cool completely. Serve cookies dusted with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight container.