Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Summer on the half shell! These scrumptious zucchini boats make a great vegetarian main course or a beautiful addition to an al fresco dinner buffet. Make them in the summer, when your own garden is overflowing with fresh produce. They're a beautiful and tasty way to share the bounty!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, about 1 medium
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Steam whole zucchini 15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Slice
lengthwise. Scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop pulp and set pulp and
2. In 2-quart saucepan, cook onion and celery in water, over medium heat,
stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Stir in mushrooms and zucchini
pulp. Cook 2 minutes longer. Add broth and seasonings. Heat until boiling.
Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal.
Fill zucchini shells with hot mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
3. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve hot.