Stuffed Pork Chops
With tangy dried apricots and bits of pecans, the stuffing in these chops has a real down-home flavor.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 pork loin rib chops, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Trim fat from chops. Cut pocket in each chop by horizontally cutting from fat side almost to bone.
2. In medium saucepan cook onion and celery in margarine or butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in apricots, pecans, sage and pepper.
3. Coarsely crush crackers. Stir into onion mixture.
4. Stuff chops with cracker mixture. Secure openings with toothpicks. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together spreadable fruit and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over pork chops. Bake at 375°F for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chops are no longer pink.