Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Humble cabbage makes a great wrapper for brown rice and MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ in these marinara sauced rolls.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large leaves green cabbage
- 2 cups
- 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In small saucepan combine rice, water, onion and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. In Dutch oven cook cabbage leaves, covered in boiling water, for 4 to 5 minutes or just until leaves are limp. Drain cabbage. Trim thick rib in center of each leaf. Set leaves aside.
3. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce into rice mixture. Evenly divide rice mixture among the 8 cabbage leaves, using about 1/4 cup per leaf. Fold sides of leaf over filling and roll up. Place, seam side down, in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Pour remaining marinara sauce over cabbage rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Tightly cover with foil. Bake, covered, at 375° F for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for 10 to 15 minutes more or until rolls are hot. Use slotted spoon to serve.