Struesel Bran Muffins
A cheerful way to start your day! These scrumptious, raisin-studded, streusel-topped muffins are enriched with 1½ cups of All-Bran® cereal to make the ultimate breakfast treat. Made with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, they're specially designed to coax you out of bed.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine cold
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
1. In small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons flour and the 2 tablespoons
sugar. Using pastry blender or a fork, cut in margarine until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside for topping.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt
and spices. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal
and milk. Let stand about 3 minutes or until cereal softens. Add the 1/2 cup
brown sugar, egg whites, oil, vanilla and raisins. Mix well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2
1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with topping.
4. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.