Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Welcome summer! These lovely muffins are a perfect menu addition for your next al fresco party. They're a scrumptious treat for your backyard bridal luncheon, baby shower or graduation party. Cheers!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen, sweetened, sliced strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut cream cheese into 48 small pieces. Add to flour mixture, tossing to coat. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine strawberries, oil and egg whites. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Dot preserves on batter and lightly swirl through with knife. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with
3. Bake at 400° F about 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins