Strawberry and Cheese Muffins
A surprise of cream cheese and strawberry jam hides inside each of these tender, delicious muffins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Red Berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1. Combine cream cheese and strawberry jam. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Red Berries cereal, sugar, yogurt, egg whites and oil. Beat well or until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. With spoon, make indention in center of batter in each muffin-pan cup. Place slightly rounded teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each indention. Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.