Steak and Sweet Onion Sandwiches
Swiss cheese tops the sweet onion and savory beef sirloin strips in these hearty steak sandwiches
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Thick & Fluffy Original waffles Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound thin strips lean, boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish or spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
1. Place KELLOGG’S EGGO Thick & Fluffy waffles on baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 3 minutes. Turn waffles over. Bake at 425°F for 3 minutes more. Remove from oven.
2. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add beef. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes or until very tender.
3. Return steak strips to skillet. Stir horseradish, salt and pepper into steak-onion mixture.
4. Remove 3 of the waffles from the baking sheet. Set aside. Top the 3 waffles remaining on the baking sheet with the steak mixture and cheese. Bake at 425°F for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with greens and remaining waffles. Serve immediately.