Spot the Dog
This cute little doggie has a nose made from ice cream and eyes made from summer fresh fruits.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 scoop (3 tbsp.) Breyer’s® French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 blackberry
- 2 pieces (each 2-inches-long) black string licorice or 1 tablespoon chocolate spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar*
- 2 teaspoons milk*
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla*
- 2 large strawberries, cut into wedges (optional)
- 2 blueberries
- 1 large strawberry, horizontally sliced
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt
1. Top ice cream scoop with blackberry. Arrange licorice on ice cream for mouth or pipe chocolate spread on ice cream for mouth. Place in wax-paper-lined shallow baking pan. Freeze until needed.
2. Prepare KELLOGG’S EGGO Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Cool completely. For dog face, trim about 1/2-inch off of two opposite edges of 1 waffle. Cut the remaining waffle in half and trim to fit for ears.
3. In small dish whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. (Whisk in additional powdered sugar, if needed to reach thin glaze consistency.) Brush waffle pieces with glaze. Arrange waffle pieces on serving plate in shape of dog head and ears. Top ears with strawberry wedges (if desired).
4. Place 1 of the blueberries on waffle for left eye. For right eye, layer 1 large strawberry slice, yogurt, 1 small strawberry slice and the remaining blueberry.
5. Arrange ice cream scoop on waffle for nose. Serve immediately.