Southerners know that there's no better accompaniment to roast chicken than an old-fashioned cornbread pudding, better known as spoon bread. Our version has all the goodness you've come to expect from this delicious dish, plus an extra boost of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. It's down-home goodness at it's best.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
1. Mix corn meal and water in 3-quart saucepan. Stir in milk. Cook over moderate
heat until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine and
KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Cool.
2. Add baking powder and salt to cooled corn meal mixture. Mix well.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Beat egg yolks until light. Fold beaten egg
whites and yolks into corn meal mixture. Pour into 2-quart casserole coated with
4. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.