Spinach, Tomato and Bacon Spread
Bits of sun-dried tomatoes, crisp-cooked bacon and shreds of sharp cheddar cheese add pizzazz to ordinary spinach spread. Shop for the vegetable recipe mix alongside dry soup mixes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek fat free yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 envelope (1.4 oz.) dry vegetable recipe mix
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped, drained water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, well-drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
Keebler® Town House®Original crackers Buy Now
1. In medium bowl stir together yogurt, mayonnaise and vegetable recipe mix.
2. Firmly squeeze excess moisture out of spinach. Stir spinach into yogurt mixture. Add cheese, water chestnuts, tomatoes and bacon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
3. Stir spread. Spoon into serving dish. If desired, garnish with additional crumbled bacon and chopped tomatoes. Serve with crackers.