With tasty chopped spinach, piquant feta cheese and a dose of good Parmesan cheese, these meatless burgers are real crowd-pleasers.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 20 Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Cook spinach, onion and garlic according to spinach package directions. In colander drain well, using back of spoon to press out excess moisture.
2. In medium bowl stir together egg yolk, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano and spinach mixture. Shape into twently 1/2-inch thick patties.
3. Finely crush crackers. In shallow dish place flour. In another shallow dish stir together 1 egg and milk. In third shallow dish place cracker crumbs. Dip spinach patties in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg mixture, then into crumbs.
4. In large skillet cook patties in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Patties may be kept warm at 250°F for up to 30 minutes.