Spicy Veggie Pizza
This gorgeous, veggie-topped flatbread offers a powerful punch of south-of-the-border pizzazz. Loaded with protein-rich refried beans and a flavorful mix of sweet and hot peppers on a tender, nutty All-Bran® cereal crust, this vegetarian main course is just made for sharing.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110º to 115º F)
- 1 1/3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded taco seasoned cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 thin slices red bell pepper
- 4 thin slices yellow bell pepper
1. In small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water 5 minutes. Add KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In food processor bowl, using metal blade, process flour, salt, 1/2 cup of the
taco cheese and oil, about 30 seconds. Add cereal mixture and continue processing
about 30 seconds or until dough is formed. Shape into smooth ball and place on
12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with waxed paper and let rest
in warm place 10 minutes.
3. In mixing bowl, combine beans, salsa, tomato paste, jalapeno peppers and
cumin. Set aside.
4. With heal of hand, press dough in pan to form crust. Spread bean mixture evenly
over crust. Sprinkle with remaining taco cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack
cheese. Arrange vegetables over cheese and top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 450°F about 13 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly
browned. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting. Serve hot.