Spicy Red Zone Meatballs
Pickle relish and tomato sauce bathe these savory meatballs in a sweet- and tangy-sauce
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 24 Kellogg's® Club® Original Crackers Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
1. In a large bowl combine egg, Kellogg's® Club® Original Crackers, 2 tablespoons ketchup and mustard. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into forty-eight 1-inch meatballs. Place, in single layer, in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 400° F for 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
3. In large saucepan combine tomato sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, brown sugar, onion, relish, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir meatballs and pineapple (if desired) into tomato mixture. Heat through. Transfer to chafing dish. Keep warm while serving.
Note: for 32 servings, double the recipe