Spicy Peppered Bacon Crispix Mix™
A sweet-and-spicy glaze along with crisp-cooked peppered bacon give this classic recipe a new twist.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Sunshine® Cheez-It® White Cheddar crackers Buy Now
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices peppered bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
1. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray combine KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal, pretzels, peanuts and SUNSHINE CHEEZ-ITS White Cheddar crackers.
2. In small saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
3. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes. Spread on paper towels. Cool completely. Stir in bacon. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.