Spicy Granola Muffins
Flavor these tender, granola muffins with pumpkin pie or apple pie spice. Then, add a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar on top for extra sweetness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Low Fat Granola Buy Now
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, spice and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl stir together KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K LOW-FAT GRANOLA cereal, egg whites, applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring until jut combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. In small bowl stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on muffin tops. Bake at 400°F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm.