Spicy Coffee Cake
Studded with raisins and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and the fresh tang of buttermilk, this delicate coffee cake is a great way to get your family out of bed on the weekend! Surprise them this Saturday, and watch their faces light up.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour, the 2/3 cup
sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and spices. Add oil, egg, buttermilk and raisins,
stirring only until combined and slightly lumpy. Pour into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan
coated with cooking spray.
2. Mix together 3 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cut into squares and serve warm.