Spicy Chocolate Snack Mix
The candy coating on this mixture of salty popcorn, chocolate cereal and savory snack crackers adds sweet and spicy flavors. It’s a combination that’s hard to resist.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups
- 2 cups
- 1 cup lightly salted dry roasted almonds or lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Line 17 x 12 x 1-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In large bowl toss together popcorn, KELLOGG’S KRAVE Double Chocolate cereal, SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original Crackers and almonds. Set aside.
3. In medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in chili powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper. Pour over popcorn mixture. Toss until completely coated. Spread in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Break popcorn mixture into chunks. Store in airtight container.