Spicy Chicken and Brown Rice
Another family favorite! Serve this easy chicken, rice and vegetable casserole with a crisp green salad for an easy weeknight one-dish meal. Rich with brown rice and All-Bran® cereal, a single serving offers 27% of your recommended daily fiber intake.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup low-sodium, chicken flavored instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) white chicken or turkey meat
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine water, onions, bouillon and seasoning. Bring to boil
over medium heat. Stir in rice. Cover and simmer over low heat, 30 minutes. Remove
from heat and stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and remaining ingredients. Place
in 3-quart casserole dish. Cover.
2. Bake at 325° F about 60 minutes or until rice is tender and vegetables are done.
In 3-quart microwave-safe casserole dish combine water, onions, bouillon and
seasoning. Cook at HIGH 7 minutes or until mixture starts to boil. Add rice. Cover
and cook on HIGH 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN
cereal and remaining ingredients. Cook on HIGH 8 minutes longer or until
vegetables are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Microwave cooking times may vary.