Spicy Broccoli Spread
Reminiscent of pesto, this savory spread combines broccoli, onion, Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In medium saucepan cook broccoli and onion in small amount of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well, reserving cooking liquid.
2. In food processor bowl combine broccoli mixture, Parmesan cheese, oil, red pepper and salt. Cover and process until nearly smooth. (If mixture is too dry, add cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.) Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Serve with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Reduced Fat crackers.