Spicy Black Bean Salad Wraps
A chilled black bean and corn salad topped with crisp cereal croutons gets wrapped in lettuce leaves for a beautiful and delicious presentation. For better flavor, refrigerate the bean mixture for 30 minutes to 8 hours before wrapping it in the lettuce leaves
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chile peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons bottled Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 9 large butterhead (Boston or Bibb) lettuce leaves or 6 medium romaine lettuce leaves
1. In small bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, green onions and chile peppers. Toss with salad dressing.
2. In 1-quart zipper-type plastic bag combine cereal and chili powder. Pour vegetable oil over cereal mixture. Seal bag and gently toss until evenly coated.
3. Place lettuce leaves on cutting board. Remove and discard thick, white bottom portion of center vein in each leaf. Spoon bean mixture onto leaves. Sprinkle with cereal mixture. Wrap lettuce around filling. Secure with toothpicks. Serve immediately.