Spicy Beef on a Bun
Why do you love these yummy sloppy Joe sandwiches? Is it because they're so easy to make? So spicy, rich and flavorful? So nutritious? So much fun to eat? OK, we admit it. We can't decide either – but what we do know is that they make a fabulous Friday night dinner that everyone loves. A great way to welcome the weekend!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
1. In large frypan, cook beef, onions, and green pepper stirring frequently
until meat is browned. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, cutting into small
pieces with spoon. Add KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, salt,
pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring a few times. Serve
on hamburger buns.