Spicy Bean Patties
Looking for a vegetarian entrée that will please the whole family? This recipe fits the bill.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, sweet red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup medium picante sauce
1. Crush 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal into fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Place beans, 1/4 cup bean liquid and remaining cereal in large mixing bowl. Coarsely mash with potato masher or pastry blender. Stir in onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic salt and cumin. Using 1/3 cup measure, portion mixture and shape into 6 patties. Coat with crushed cereal.
3. Heat large nonstick frypan over medium heat or electric frypan at 325° F. Coat with cooking spray. Place patties in hot skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and hot. Serve hot with picante sauce.