Spicy Bean Dip
This party-perfect south-of the-border stunner is super-nutritious and super-good! Best of all, it's simple to make fresh from scratch. You'll start with fiber-rich dried beans and add green onion, garlic, tomato, fresh cilantro, and even more fiber from All-Bran® cereal. It's sure to become your all-time favorite party dip
Prep Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup dry pinto beans (about 1/3 lb)*
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Baked tortillas chips or assorted Keebler® crackers
1. In large saucepan place beans. Add 3 cups cold water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour. Drain. Rinse. Return beans to saucepan. Add 3 cups fresh water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/4 hours or until beans are tender. Drain.
2. In food processor bowl combine beans, cereal, picante sauce, onion, picante sauce, cumin, galrlic powder and pepper sauce. Cover and process until smooth.
3. In 1-quart casserole combine bean mixture and cilantro. Loosely cover with paper towel. Cook in microwave at high for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm.
4. Spoon sour cream on top. Sprinkle with tomato and green onion. Serve with baked tortilla chips or crackers.