Spicy Bean Burgers
Chili powder and onion add lots of flavor to these easy-to-make bean patties. Serve them for dinner along with picante sauce or salsa.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 1/4 cups
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®cereal
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion or bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Crush 3/4 cup of the cereal into fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups cereal, beans, egg, water, chili powder and salt. Use potato masher to coarsely mash mixture. Stir in onion. Use 1/2 cup measure to portion mixture into 4 mounds. Shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Coat with crushed cereal.
3. Cook patties in large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium-high heat for 6 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once and adding oil to skillet when needed. Serve hot with picante sauce or salsa, if desired.