Spiced Pear Bars
A sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar glistens atop the pear slices on this cheesecake-like dessert
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (8 oz.) fat free cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Place KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN Original cereal in food processor bowl. Cover and process until crushed. Add egg white, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, butter and pumpkin pie spice. Cover and process until combined. Firmly press into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
2. Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating until just combined. Spread over hot crust. Arrange pear slices on top of cream cheese mixture.
3. In small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pear slices. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack for 45 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars to serve.