Spiced Caramel Rice Krispies Treats™
Pungent and sweet cinnamon teams with aromatic cardamom in these rich caramel and marshmallow bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or butter
- 25 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 10 1-inch-square caramels
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or kosher salt
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and caramels. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and cardamom (if desired). Add half-and-half. Stir until well combined.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Best if served the same day.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.