Spiced Butternut Muffins
Butternut squash adds natural sweetness to these scrumptious, cinnamon muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites® Original cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups peeled fresh butternut squash, shredded
1. In large bowl stir together flour, cereal, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in raisins. Set aside.
2. In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir in squash.
3. Stir squash mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Divide batter evenly into each of twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.