Spiced Apricot-Pecan Spread
Aromatic spices combine with tangy apricots in this fruit-and-nut spread. A perfect complement to our mult-grain crackers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
1. In small saucepan combine apricots, water, sugar and spice. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until apricots are very soft. Cool slightly.
2. Spoon apricot mixture into food processor bowl. Cover and process until nearly smooth*. Transfer to bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to 7 days.
3. Before serving, stir in pecans. Spread on KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Multi-grain snack crackers to serve.
*Note: If desired, for a more chunky spread, omit processing in food processor. Continue with recipe as directed above.