What's better than playing in the snow? Coming inside and warming up, of course! And it's even more fun when you know that a freshly baked pan of these yummy homemade pastries is waiting. These sweet cinnamon and sugar twists are a great accompaniment to a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. Stir together flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon
cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg yolk. Beat well. Add flour mixture,
stirring only until combined. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead gently
about 5 times. Roll out into 14 x 7-inch rectangle. Beat egg white with water and
brush over dough. Combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle half
of mixture over dough.
3. Cut dough into 14 strips, 1 inch wide and 7 inches long. Fold strips in half
lengthwise and twist. Brush again with egg white and sprinkle with remaining
cinnamon and sugar. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 425° F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and serve