If you like spicy-hot food, choose the jalapeño jelly glaze for these thyme-seasoned burgers. A zesty cucumber-olive relish graces the tops of them.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly or red currant jelly, melted
1. In small bowl stir together cucumber, tomato, 2 tablespoons of the olives, onion and pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. In medium bowl stir together remaining olives, egg, crackers, tomato paste, parsley and thyme. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into five 3/4-inch patties.
3. Grill over medium coals about 11 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.* Brush with melted jelly during the last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling.
4. Serve patties with cucumber mixture.
*NOTE: Patties may also be cooked in contact grill. Preheat contact grill for 5 minutes. Cook patties in grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink (160 degrees F). Drizzle with melted jelly after cooking. Serve as directed above.