Southwestern-Style Black Bean Soup
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce spice this hearty soup featuring bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, corn and black bean burgers. Serve it during half time of the big game or on a chilly winter night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, seeded and chopped (3 cups total)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or
snack crackers (optional)
1. In large saucepan cook bell pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in vegetable broth, undrained tomatoes, corn and chipotle peppers. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50% power) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thawed enough to cut. Cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Stir burger pieces into soup. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Ladle into bowls. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges and/or SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original snack crackers (if desired).