Southwest Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Rediscover ever-popular stuffed peppers. They’re made over with ground turkey, diced tomatoes, corn and ripe olives
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
1. Cut tops off peppers. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Precook peppers in large amount of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Place in shallow baking dish, cut sides up. Pour 1/2 cup water into dish around peppers.
2. In large skillet cook turkey, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up large pieces. Stir in cereal, undrained tomatoes, corn, olives, chili powder, pepper and salt. Remove from heat.
3. Spoon turkey mixture into peppers. Coat one side of a large piece of foil with cooking spray. Cover dish with foil, coated side down. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until filling is heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle tops with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.