Southwest Riblet Sandwich on Toasted Sourdough Recipe
Melted pepper jack cheese and red onion slices top the Morningstar Farms® Hickory BBQ Riblets in these restaurant-style sandwiches.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) sliced sourdough bread
- 1 package (10 oz.)
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
1. In small bowl stir together butter and garlic. Brush 1 side of each bread slice with butter mixture. Place, buttered side up, on baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS HICKORY BBQ RIBLETS according to package directions. Top each riblet portion with two half slices of cheese. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
3. Meanwhile, broil bread slices 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Top buttered sides of two bread slices with lettuce, riblet portions and onion. Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered sides down. Cut into halves. Serve immediately.