“So Egg-cited" Rice Krispies Treats™
Too much is never enough when it comes to decorating these Easter egg treats! Get off to a beautiful start using Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal with Spring Colors. Then dip and decorate for even more springtime style.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Plastic, snap-apart Easter eggs (2 ½ x 1 ¾ -inch)
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal with Spring Colors Buy Now
- ½ cup ½ cup sprinkles (optional)
- 8 oz. 8 oz. color candy melts
- Colorful nonpareil sprinkles or sugar flowers
1. Clean and dry plastic eggs. Lightly coat insides with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Follow the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats™ Original Recipe on the back of cereal box.
3. Using buttered hands, firmly press cereal mixture into plastic egg halves. Press egg halves together until they stick. Gently remove cereal mixture from molds. Cool completely.
4. Melt candy melts according to package directions. Dip cereal eggs halfway into melted candy. Shake sprinkles over melted candy.
5. Place on wax paper-lined tray to cool and set.