Slow Cooker Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
Spectacular and rich, this soup features the popular upper mid-west flavors of wild rice and chicken.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 8 hour 25 minutes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Keebler® Club® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In 4- to 5-quart crockery cooker combine broth, soup, onion, celery, carrots, rice, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken and rice are tender.
2. In small bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Gradually stir into mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until mixture bubbles around the edges and thickens.
3. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve with KEEBLER CLUB CRACKERS.