Slow Cooker Pork Recipe
Apple cider and dried fruit add a pleasing sweetness to this tender, succulent pork stew. This lovely dish can be thrown together in mere minutes and then left to simmer in your slow cooker. Serve over brown rice or mashed potatoes ? it's great comfort food to have waiting at home at the end of a long, tiring Monday. Substitute dried apricots or cranberries for the cherries, if you like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 45 minutes
- 2 pounds lean pork stew meat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. Trim fat from pork. In large skillet cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil until browned. Remove from skillet.
2. In 4-to 6-quart crockery cooker layer carrots, onion, thyme, pepper, salt and garlic. Sprinkle with cereal and cherries. Top with pork. Pour apple juice over all. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
3. Stir pork mixture. Serve over rice.