Slithery Snake Treats™
Your kids will shriek over these snake shapes. Use their other favorite cereals to make colorful patterns.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40 ) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal Buy Now
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Blueberries or other berries
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape mixture into 8 snakes. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Cool. Decorate with KELLOGG'S® APPLE JACKS® cereal, KELLOGG'S® FROOT LOOPS® cereal, frosting, berries and/or candies as snake eyes and markings. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.