Sizzlin Brazilian Salad
Inspired by a recipe created by Roxanne Chan, this salad combines tropical fruit with spicy black bean burgers, toasted almonds, and fresh cilantro. A refreshing lime juice dressing adds a bit of zip.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
- 2 cups chopped papaya, mango or pineapple
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 large Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. In large bowl toss together burger pieces, papaya, beans, onion, almonds, cilantro and garlic.
3. In small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Pour over bean mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Place lettuce leaves on serving plates. Spoon bean mixture onto lettuce leaves.