Shrimp Casserole Harpin
A rich tomato- and shrimp-casserole topped with crispy Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and deveined or
- fresh raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Dash cayenne
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz. can) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
1. Cook shrimp in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and
drain. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Sprinkle with lemon juice and vegetable oil.
Reserve 8 halves for garnish.
2. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
3. In small fry pan, saute green pepper and onions in 2 tablespoons of the
margarine. Combine vegetables, rice, seasonings, soup, water, cream, sherry,
1/4 cup almonds and shrimp in medium mixing bowl. Mix lightly. Place in shallow
2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes.
5. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons margarine and KELLOGG'S CORN
FLAKES cereal in small mixing bowl. Mix in remaining almonds and reserved
shrimp. Remove casserole from oven. Top with crumbs mixture. Return to oven
and bake 15 minutes longer or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are slightly
Mace can be replaced with ground nutmeg.